Applied Physics (K)
Academic Year 2023/24
BBA002 course is part of 2 study plans
BPC-SI / K Summer Semester 3rd year
BPC-MI Summer Semester 4th year
2. Thermometers. Expansion of solids and liquid. Thermal stress. Expansion of gas.
3. The equation of state. Basic kinetic theory of gas. Internal energy of an ideal gas.
4. The first law of thermogramics. Heat capacity. Calorimetric equation.
5. Adiabatic and polytropics changes. The second law of thermodynamics. Heat engines.
6. States and phase. Change between liquid and gas. Change between solid and liquid.
7. sublimation. Air.
8. Sources of heat. Heat transfer.
9. Thermal conduction. Stationary conduction of heat through plain wall.
10. Passage of heat. Stationary conduction of heat through cylinder surface.
11. Radiation of black body.
12. Electric current. Ohm’s law. Electromotoric force, work and power. Kirchhoff’s rule. Wheatstone bridge.
13. Formation of alternative current. Effective and average value. Resistor, inductor, capacitor. Resonance. AC Power.
Language of instruction
Forms and criteria of assessment
Specification of controlled instruction, the form of instruction, and the form of compensation of the absences
Offered to foreign students
Course on BUT site
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, elective
13 weeks, 2 hours/week, compulsory