Contact – Research and Development
prof. Ing. Drahomír Novák, DrSc.
|Departement||Institute of Structural Mechanics|
|Departement||Advanced Materials, Structures and Technologies Centre|
|Room||C411 (Veveří 95)|
|Office Hours||Středa 9.00 - 11.00|
- Small Dean's Advisory Cabinet - Vice Dean (Vice Dean for Research and Development)
- Information System Board - Member
- Science Committee - Chairman
- Committee for Modernisation and Investment Procurement - Member
- Dean's Advisory Cabinet - Vice Dean for Research and Development (Vice Dean for Research and Development)
- Institute of Structural Mechanics - Head
- Advanced Materials, Structures and Technologies Centre -
- Board for Study Programmes - Member (Vice Dean for Research and Development)
- Board for Doctoral Study Programmes - Member (Vice Dean for Research and Development)
- Doctoral Board for Structures and Transport Infrastructure - Member
- Doctoral Board for Civil Engineering Management - Member
- Stochastic computational mechanics, reliability of structures, risk engineering.
- Simulation methods of Monte Carlo type, stochastic finite element method, random fields in continuum mechanics, probabilistic optimization of structures, identification.
- Nonlinear fracture mechanics, failure of quasibrittle materials, modelling of concrete structures, size effect.
- Lectures: Elasticity and plasticity, Reliability theory of building structures, Selected lectures form structural mechanics, Nonlinear mechanics, Structural mechanics.
- Lectures in English: Elasticity and Plasticity I, Fundaments of Structural Mechanics, Elasticity and Plasticity II, Reliability of Buildings, Structural Analysis.
- Lectures in PhD courses: Theory of elasticity, plasticity and failure, Structural mechanics.
- Lecturing abroad: Basic Course on Structural Safety, Kasetsart University, Bangkok, Thailand (short-term lecturing for MSc. students, 1996, 1998 a 2003; Lecturing within the framework of Socrates-Erasmus program at Bauhaus – Weimar University, Germany, 1999. Lectures at BOKU Wien, Austria 2002-2003.
- Member of int. organization for fracture mecahnics FraMCos
- Member of technical committee for standardization TNK 38 Reliability of Structures
- Member of Czech society for mechanics - secretary of Brno branch
- Member of convocation of faculty of civil engineering, VUT Brno
- Member of commitee for final defense of PhD theses
- Member of commitee for final defense of diploma theses
- Head of theoretical group of institutes
- Head of scientific committe of academic senate
- Member of dean´s comittee for foreign relation