|Course name||First Certificate Level English II|
Parameters and the Inclusion of the Course in the Study Programmes
|Show Table|| |
Extend of Teaching
|Departement||Institute of Social Sciences|
|Course Garant||Roger Turland|
Course Content and Goals Information
|Learning objectives and competences|
- The aim of the BYA21 course is to increase upper-intermediate level students’ capabilities in English in all areas: grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening, reading and writing, and this to the B2 level of the CEF (Common European Framework) established by the Council of Europe.
- For a brief summary of what is involved in the B2 level of English see the Anotace
- The BYA21 course is a UPPER-INTERMEDIATE LEVEL (B2) course which aims to improve students’ ability to:
- - communicate fluently and spontaneously with native speakers, on a regular basis if necessary, in such a way that neither party has trouble making themselves clear or understanding the other,
- - use the English language with a good degree of accuracy when dealing with familiar topics and using common grammatical forms,
- - work with complex texts and generally understand the main points within.
|Knowledge and skills required for the course|
|Students need to have passed the BY002 (BY51) exam in order to be able to enrol for this course. In other words, they are already able to do the following well:|
- generally understand information about familiar topics and situations, such as those met at work, in school, in free time etc. providing they are expressed in a clear and straightforward manner,
- use English to communicate successfully in most situations encountered when travelling abroad,
- create a simple connected text with a simple context,
- describe experiences and events, ambitions, hopes and plans, and to briefly explain or justify their ideas and statements.
They also are recommended to have taken the following optional courses: BYA7, BYA8 and BYA20.
|Output (Added Knowledge and Skills)|
|The students will improve their knowledge of English at lower advanced level in all areas: grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening, reading and writing, and this to the B2 level of the CEF (Common European Framework) established by the Council of Europe.||Other information|
|Učebnice: Oxenden, C. - Latham-Koenig, C.: New English File Advanced|
Mimofakultní studenti (mimo FAST) si musí kurz uhradit z vlastních zdrojů a po úspěšném vykonání jim bude vystaven certifikát o absolvování kurzu.
If you are an FA student you can attend these courses for free providing you have a “free semester” available and you haven’t done the BY002 (BY51) or BY003 (BY52) exams yet.
Více zde: http://spv.webnode.cz
|Oxenden, C. - Latham-Koenig, C.: New English File Advanced, Oxford University Press, 2010|